It can take as little as three hours to install a 4-foot tall fence. However, this is just the average time it takes for a fence to be installed by a fence company around an average sized home. If you have a long, winding driveway or your basement isn’t finished and you need a gate in an unfinished room, expect your installation process to take longer than four hours.
Fences can vary in length depending on the situation. In general, if you live in a subdivision, and there are only a few houses around your house, it may take longer to install a fence. It all depends on the size of your home and the size of your backyard. If you have an average-sized yard that has plenty of room for your fence or gate, you should be able to get the installation process done in under four hours.
This article is not a definitive determination of the time required to install a fence. It is just an indication of the time involved when you take into consideration all of these factors.
How Long Does it Take to Install a Fence by Fence Company?
- The answer depends on the contractor, the size of your yard, and the amount of work you need done around your home. However, in general, a fence installation by a fence company should take no more than four hours. If you are lucky enough to have a fence installed in less than four hours, you will definitely want to celebrate with a cold drink and some cake!
- You can install a chain link fence yourself in under two hours when you have the right tools and know-how. It should take no more than three to four hours at the most to install a chain link fence. Be patient while your fence contractor works, as he or she won’t be able to finish off quickly if you make them run around on the job site all day.
- If you have more than one fence to install in your yard, ensure that you have a few extra hours for each fence. The process of installing a fence is not as fast as you think. It takes time to dig a hole and lay the concrete, and it also takes time to put up the posts, wire and posts. Ensure that your fence contractor has enough time to complete the installation process.
- A chain link fence can be difficult to install by yourself. It requires heavy lifting, construction skills and knowledge of building codes. In most cases, you will want to hire a professional fence company to install your chain link fence. You will want to make sure you have enough time to allow the fence installation process to go smoothly and without any problems.
Factors that affect How Long it takes to Install a Fence:
Fence installation time is largely dependent on the size of the property and a number of other factors. Just because you purchase a quick and cheap 8-foot tall fence doesn’t mean it will take 3 hours. This can be due to pre-planning, efficient workmanship, dimensions, your location (location always plays a role in installation).
However, given that there are so many variables involved with installation times, it’s best to avoid forestalling plans altogether. To help you better gauge when the work will be completed, there are outlined a few of the factors that affect installation time at each step of the process.
- Planning: Planning is always key to success. This step requires you to think about how you want your fence to look, where it should go, what materials are best for you, etc.
- Permitting: If your city requires a permit for fence installation, this permit needs to be obtained before work can begin.
- Site preparation: This step involves removing any debris and clearing the area of any old fence remnants.
- Installation: This is where the work actually happens. From digging holes for fence posts to hammering boards into place, this is what it all comes down to.
- Final touches: After your fence has been erected, by the fence company you’ll want to lock it in and add other finishing touches such as paint and stain (if applicable).
- Clean up: Before you go, make sure you clean up any debris from the work area.
- Enjoy: You’ve invested a lot of time and labor into your fence, so enjoy it!
- Location: Quality of workmanship of the installer can make a big difference to the time taken to install a fence. The best quality fencing is twice as expensive as that which is merely good quality. This means that if you are looking at installing a new fence in your garden, it may be worthwhile to have it installed by a specialist.
- Material used for fencing: There are many different types of materials which may be used. Fence installation time will vary according to the type of material used. If you are installing a new fence, then you should not just consider the functional safety value of the fence, but also its aesthetic value. This means that the choice of material for your fence will influence the time it takes to install a new fence. It is necessary to take into account the type of material chosen, as this will have an impact on labor cost per meter of fence. The type of material you select will also determine the quality of the fence.
- Length of fence: When the distance between supports is 1 meter or more, it can take up to 3 times longer to install a fence than when it only has to be installed across one meter.
A fence installer is a specialist who is skilled in all aspects of installing fences. If you are thinking about installing a new fence, it can be confusing to know what the fee will be, and how long and complex the installation process will take.
Remember that the above steps could take place over the course of several days, depending on how many people are helping and the size of your property. As beautiful as it is to see a completed fence, it will really bring you and your family joy when the work is done. So don’t give up now! A little patience and planning can go a long way.