Hybrid cloud technology is a great pick for enterprises. Especially for those who’re looking to experiment with the public cloud or want to adopt a cloud-first approach to new software. These businesses can successfully run a “hybrid” environment. All this just by taking care of some practices for its optimized functioning.
The report says, 72% of the enterprise want their first cloud computing system to be a hybrid one. And this number is self-explanatory as to why the market will grow by $128 billion.
What is Hybrid Cloud Technology
A hybrid cloud is basically a mixed computing, storage, & related services solution. It has both, on-premises infrastructure, and private or public cloud.
This technology is a mixture of two or more types of cloud technologies. So obviously, it can include public, private, or even a combination of the two. For example- a public & a private cloud or two private clouds together.
The best way to understand what hybrid cloud technology is is by looking at some use cases.
What is the true value of Hybrid Cloud Technology for Your Business
Cloud computing is the future of technology. Almost every tech industry is ranting about it. The benefits of hybrid cloud are many and varied, but there are some that you must care about if you are looking for ways to improve your business.
- The first major benefit that comes with a hybrid cloud is cost savings. Cloud computing can be expensive, but with a hybrid cloud, you have the option to pay only for what you need at any given time
- This is great for businesses that don’t know how much they’ll need/want in the future.
- This further gives flexibility- that means your company can save money by not having to buy extra hardware when they do not need it.
What are the Factors that Affect the Return on Investment (ROI) in Hybrid Cloud Technology?
As per Forrester’s report, only 21 out of 100 IT leaders are confident that their current infrastructure is enough for their growing requirements & upcoming innovation.
The number is bizarre. However, these factors (mentioned ahead) will also help you to figure out whether should you invest in it or not. The factors that affect the ROI in a hybrid cloud system are:
- The total cost of ownership (TCO) of the cloud system, which includes the initial capital expenditure and operational expenses i.e., CAPEX & OPEX over time.
- The cost of service is the price per unit of computing capacity that you pay for your cloud use.
- The elasticity of demand is how quickly you need to scale up or down in response to changes in demand for your services/products.
- The ability to reuse existing systems and data centers, which can help reduce costs associated with building out a new data center from scratch.
- The ease with which you can integrate legacy systems and applications into a hybrid environment since many legacy systems will not be able to run.
How Do You Optimize the Use of Hybrid Systems for Greater Efficiency and Cost Savings?
A hybrid system is a combination of two or more different types of systems. It can be a mix of two different power sources, such as solar and wind, or it could be a mixture of an electric car and a gasoline-powered engine.
The same principle applies to hybrid IT systems.
However, any system requires some optimized practices to run properly & so does hybrid cloud functioning. Such as:
- An optimise hybridized cloud strategy integrates & connects to your IT infrastructure. To prepare a highly efficient & inter-connected environment at an affordable price.
- It creates a unified platform to run your business growth & innovative solutions.
- On integration, hybrid cloud technology will help you in modernizing your application/data. Further, connecting & managing them across a hybrid environment will be much easier. Also, these optimization steps would help democratize your tasks with seamless flexibility.
This also de-risks your work desk. And so, brings strong, safe, & innovative ideas & practices.
- This, in turn, ensures your business can access the data it needs. Moreover, this smoothness will also get reflected in your users’ experience.
This way, hybrid cloud technology transforms your business while taking care of your needs & your buyers’ demand i.e., a complete win-win situation!
Hybrid IT is the integration of various technologies to achieve greater efficiency and cost savings. This means that you can leverage the best features of each system while minimizing the drawbacks.
Echelon Edge offers the best-in-class, complete, & inclusive hybrid cloud platform. Our cloud platform integrates well with your on-premises infrastructure for seamless connectivity.