Today a lot of people tend to think about what is better for them CPanel or Plesk.Honestly speaking there is no clear answer to that. It all depends on the use and particular case and also on the customer. So to conclude anything is not a feasible option as there are a lot of variations. Before comparing them we need to know what these services are.
cPanel is a Graphical user interface that is based on Linux. It is an online service that is used as a control panel for website control simplification. cPanel is also used for server management. cPanel is used for a lot of purposes such as-
- To Publish Websites
- Manage Domains
- Organize Web Files
- Create Email Accounts and so on.
Plesk also has some similarities with cPanel. It is a web hosting and server data center automation software. Plesk is available commercially. It comes with a control panel developed for Linux and windows- based retail hosting service providers.
Plesk is a web hosting and server automation control panel software developed for both Linux and Windows-based servers. The automation provided in this control panel helps you to reduce operating costs and allows.
You deploy changes on a minute-to-minute basis turning you into highly efficient and increase your customer satisfaction. Plesk has out-of-the-box support for GIT and Docker for continuous deployment workflow to help you stay on top of the most innovative web technologies.
Plesk has a cleaner window-looking user interface which adds to its user-friendliness.
Plesk rock-solid security features which include SSL/TLC certificate, fail2ban intrusion prevention, email antispam, and active directory integration offer you higher security.
Plesk lets you add new domains and subdomains at ease.
Plesk lets you create and manage databases such as MySQL. Both Plesk and cPanel are available for consumers and service providers. There are a lot of major differences between these two. And on the behalf of these, you can easily identify which one is better for you.
- Plesk is for infrastructure provider content manager’s digital agencies and other large-scale applications. A lot of big it firms opt for Plesk instead of cPanel because it meets their requirements better than CPanel.
- Whereas cPanel is for Small to medium business, Business leaders, and business partnership. It happens quite often that such small level companies don’t need features of Plesk and all their essential work is done on cPanel.
- Plesk is by design fast and responsive. It is based on an extension that allows it to give fast delivery of new options and features. Plesk has a very new and innovative type of architecture which helps it out a lot. On the contrary, cPanel more or less acts as a dedicated server or sometimes even as a VPS. And cPanel still uses the traditional form of architecture.
- The next big thing is developer support. Many people know it today as Docker support.
When we talk about Docker support Plesk has it. It supports full Docker and is accessible to everyone. But unlike Plesk cPanel does not have Docker support.